News Stories Tagged hiking walking
From coast to coast, our country has endless hiking trails through varied and wildly beautiful landscapes. From oceanfront to mountainside and from moderate to advanced, here are 7 top trails.
Author Broughton Coburn knows more than a thing or two about Mt. Everest. He's the author of several books on the subject, including the recent The Vast Unknown: America's First Ascent of Everest. Here, he pulls the curtain back on what you can really expect from climbing Everest. (Plus, there's a sweepstakes!)
Home to the picturesque Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, and Blarney Castle, Southwest Ireland boasts contrasting landscapes, mild climes, great outdoor adventures, and charming B&Bs.
Whole Journeys is a guided travel program run by Whole Foods that takes travelers around the world on ultra-local and unique culinary experiences. We caught up with the executive director to get the scoop.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
If you think Utah is sprawling landscapes, luxury resorts, thrilling adventures, and a whole lotta sky...you're spot on. We trekked through Southwest Utah to get our Zen back, and then some.
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks. Cue New Hampshire's White Mountains, where we hut-hopped, hiked, and ate fresh, mouthwatering food.
Hotels with stunning, natural settings have started to offer hikes with luxe perks like spa treatments and post-hike feasts. Because no one should ever hike outdoors without amenities to sweeten the deal.
If the start of summer means the start of camping season, take heed. The great outdoors is a fantastic place to spend some time, made even lovelier with indispensable gadgets like these.
Whether you're off on a spiritual journey or just hiking the red rock landscapes of Sedona, we've got an insider's guide to the best of the desert town, from wine tasting to cliff jumping.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $972* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Midtown Manhattan Westin, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1999 -- Dubai & India 9-Night Trip w/Air & Tours, Save $775Friendly Planet Travel
- $66-$74 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, 25% OffSLS Las Vegas
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club