News Stories Tagged hiking walking
From coast to coast, our country has endless hiking trails through varied and wildly beautiful landscapes. From oceanfront to mountainside and from moderate to advanced, here are 7 top trails.
Author Broughton Coburn knows more than a thing or two about Mt. Everest. He's the author of several books on the subject, including the recent The Vast Unknown: America's First Ascent of Everest. Here, he pulls the curtain back on what you can really expect from climbing Everest. (Plus, there's a sweepstakes!)
Home to the picturesque Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, and Blarney Castle, Southwest Ireland boasts contrasting landscapes, mild climes, great outdoor adventures, and charming B&Bs.
Whole Journeys is a guided travel program run by Whole Foods that takes travelers around the world on ultra-local and unique culinary experiences. We caught up with the executive director to get the scoop.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
If you think Utah is sprawling landscapes, luxury resorts, thrilling adventures, and a whole lotta sky...you're spot on. We trekked through Southwest Utah to get our Zen back, and then some.
Some weekends, you're looking for more rugged terrain than city sidewalks. Cue New Hampshire's White Mountains, where we hut-hopped, hiked, and ate fresh, mouthwatering food.
Hotels with stunning, natural settings have started to offer hikes with luxe perks like spa treatments and post-hike feasts. Because no one should ever hike outdoors without amenities to sweeten the deal.
If the start of summer means the start of camping season, take heed. The great outdoors is a fantastic place to spend some time, made even lovelier with indispensable gadgets like these.
Whether you're off on a spiritual journey or just hiking the red rock landscapes of Sedona, we've got an insider's guide to the best of the desert town, from wine tasting to cliff jumping.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $699 & up -- 4-Night St. Thomas Vacation w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1537 & up -- Travel Deals from Virgin Australia, 45% OffVirgin Australia
- $2399 & up -- Australia: Melbourne Escape w/Tours, Save $875Tourism Victoria
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $599 & up -- Ends 7/26: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Onboard SpendNorwegian Cruise Line