News Stories Tagged hiking
Trekking and looking stylish rarely go hand in hand. But with a few key pieces that would go as well in your gym at home as they do on the trail, it's not impossible.
At just about every turn in the Land of Enchantment, whether you're high in the mountains or low in a dramatic river canyon, hiking opportunities abound. Six national forests cover many thousands of acres around New Mexico, as do 34 state parks and a number of other national and state monuments and recreation areas. The ski areas make for great mountaineering during the warmer months, and the state's many Native American ruins are also laced with trails.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $999 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/2-for-1 BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $105 & up -- 4-Star D.C. Area Westin incl. Weekends, 50% OffThe Westin Reston Heights
- $639 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com