News Stories Tagged health
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation. At these luxury hotels, ladies can pamper themselves while indulging in the finest spa treatments. Just make sure you don’t enjoy yourself so much that you miss work on Monday!
Long layovers don't have to be only about sitting around or shopping. These days they can be about burning off vacation calories. Check out http://www.airportgyms.com for lists of health clubs that are in or near many U.S. and Canadian airports.
When traveling, do you know what hotel toiletries you can rely on and which products you should never leave home without? Especially if you have sensitive skin, here are a few expert tips to follow so both you and your skin can have a beautiful trip.
Summer is almost upon us, which means that your travels are probably taking you someplace where you’ll be enjoying the great outdoors. Here are five simple tips to protect your skin from the sun while traveling.
Drink only bottled water, called agua purificada or agua mineral. It is available even at the smallest stores, and is much cheaper than in North America. Use bottled water even when brushing your teeth.
Air travel is fraught with opportunities for diet disasters. Even if you make it safely through the airport food court, you'll still have to confront the temptation of in-flight snacks. Here are the best healthy snacks on each of the major domestic airlines.
If you look at a globe, you’ll notice that, yes, Hawai‘i is in the middle of the ocean, and then you’ll realize that it’s also a connecting point between East and West. Over the centuries, as people have migrated, the islands have become a melting pot not only of cultures but of healing practices as well.
In addition to the obvious relaxation benefits of any spa trip, the Big Island's spas have done a fantastic job incorporating local traditions and ingredients into their menus.
The Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) have country-specific information about health concerns and suggested or required inoculations, prophylactic medications, etc. Visit your doctor to be sure you're up to date on tetanus and any other shots.
Sit up straight with your feet flat on the floor. Keeping knees bent, raise one leg a few inches. Rotate your ankle around five times, lower your leg, and switch to the other leg.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1289 & up -- Honolulu: 4.5-Star Waikiki 5-Nt. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Depatment of Tourism
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean