News Stories Tagged health
Traveling can be a rough on your beauty routine, what with jet lag, lack of sleep, and airport snacks. So pick up these 8 key products that will keep you from looking like your passport photo in real life.
Why is it that we toss and turn under those crisp, white hotel sheets when we travel? We asked Ph.D nutritionist and author Joanne Lichten for her secrets to beating jetlag and getting some sleep.
Anyone that travels regularly knows that cruise vacations can quickly go bust: cruise line bankruptcies, cancelled flights, lost luggage—the laundry list of potential problems reads nail-bitingly long. We've sat down with travel insurance expert Carol Mueller, of Travel Guard, for this Q & A on how travel insurance can help safeguard you and your cruise vacation.
Long layovers don't have to be only about sitting around or shopping. These days they can be about burning off vacation calories. Check out www.airportgyms.com for lists of health clubs that are in or near many U.S. and Canadian airports.
Shed the weight on this scenic track in Paris.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Your cruise vacation should be refreshingly carefree—and we want you to keep it that way. Avoid health risks on the high seas with some expert advice on staying healthy at sea. We've sat down with Dr. Robert Wheeler, a former medical doctor aboard various cruise ships and the current in-house medical director for On Call International, a company that provides customized travel and medical assistance packages. Herewith his insights from our Q&A session, primed for keeping you healthy at sea.
With such busy day-to-day schedules, it can be tough to fit in a regular exercise regimen. One easy way to make time for some cardio and sculpting (and to indulge in pasta at Babbo guilt-free) is by booking a class during your vacation. In New York City, several specialty workout classes have evolved to target and tone just about any body part. Here are our top five picks.
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation. At these luxury hotels, ladies can pamper themselves while indulging in the finest spa treatments. Just make sure you don’t enjoy yourself so much that you miss work on Monday!
Long layovers don't have to be only about sitting around or shopping. These days they can be about burning off vacation calories. Check out http://www.airportgyms.com for lists of health clubs that are in or near many U.S. and Canadian airports.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand