News Stories Tagged health
Layovers mean having to navigate another airport (and its food options) before your holiday. Don't debate which Auntie Anne's pretzel seems healthiest, with these apps you can stay healthy in any airport.
Staying fit on the road is not the easiest task. But save a little room in your suitcase for these fitness finds, and you'll feel even better about all those must-have holiday indulgences.
Traveling can be a rough on your beauty routine, what with jet lag, lack of sleep, and airport snacks. So pick up these 8 key products that will keep you from looking like your passport photo in real life.
Why is it that we toss and turn under those crisp, white hotel sheets when we travel? We asked Ph.D nutritionist and author Joanne Lichten for her secrets to beating jetlag and getting some sleep.
Anyone that travels regularly knows that cruise vacations can quickly go bust: cruise line bankruptcies, cancelled flights, lost luggage—the laundry list of potential problems reads nail-bitingly long. We've sat down with travel insurance expert Carol Mueller, of Travel Guard, for this Q & A on how travel insurance can help safeguard you and your cruise vacation.
Long layovers don't have to be only about sitting around or shopping. These days they can be about burning off vacation calories. Check out www.airportgyms.com for lists of health clubs that are in or near many U.S. and Canadian airports.
Shed the weight on this scenic track in Paris.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Your cruise vacation should be refreshingly carefree—and we want you to keep it that way. Avoid health risks on the high seas with some expert advice on staying healthy at sea. We've sat down with Dr. Robert Wheeler, a former medical doctor aboard various cruise ships and the current in-house medical director for On Call International, a company that provides customized travel and medical assistance packages. Herewith his insights from our Q&A session, primed for keeping you healthy at sea.
With such busy day-to-day schedules, it can be tough to fit in a regular exercise regimen. One easy way to make time for some cardio and sculpting (and to indulge in pasta at Babbo guilt-free) is by booking a class during your vacation. In New York City, several specialty workout classes have evolved to target and tone just about any body part. Here are our top five picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $679 & up -- Cabo: Riu Resort w/Kid's Club Trip incl. AirApple Vacations
- $139 & up -- Florida 4-Star Cape Coral Resort, 30% OffThe Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $2441 & up -- France: Burgundy & Provence River CruiseAvalon Waterways
- $1778 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TourTripMasters.com