News Stories Tagged hawaii
Most Hawaii-bound trips skip over the modest, resort-free isle of Molokai. But with quiet beaches, welcoming locals, and tons of fun in the great outdoors, it makes for a truly relaxing beach holiday.
Hawaiian Airlines has unveiled improved food and beverage service on flights from the mainland to the Islands. They're offering upgraded free meals, and a free glass of wine and a cocktail, even in coach.
Norwegian Cruise Line went to Congress to dispute two dusty, old laws that prevented inter-island cruises in Hawaii. Now additional lines are finally offering Hawaiian cruises starting Fall 2013.
So you think you know Kauai? You've sunbathed on Poipu Beach and golfed in Princeville, sure. But have you ever explored the depths of Waimea Canyon? Welcome to the other side of the island.
Hawaiian Airlines announced that it will begin offering routes to and from Honolulu and Auckland, New Zealand in spring 2013. They'll be the only US carrier to offer routes direct from the US to New Zealand.
Maui promises sun, sand, palm trees, and umbrella drinks to spare. But dig a little deeper, and you'll find fertile farming land ripe for exploring. You'll be stuffing your carry-on with lavender jam in no time.
Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corp., purchased the vast majority of a Hawaiian island this week to the tune of an estimated $500-$600 million for about 88,000 acres.
From today, travelers can book direct flights from New York's JFK airport to Honolulu on JetBlue. The airline also announced an expansion of its partnership with Hawaiian Airlines today.
Since 1929, May 1 has officially been celebrated as Lei Day in Hawaii, with music, art exhibits and, of course, leis on every shoulder.
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé. Search out "La Vie Bohème" island-style instead, where you can skip out on urban smog in favor of sunshine, and forgo the standard island mega-resorts for artsy, rustic digs. We've rounded up seven island destinations that will have you letting loose and reconnecting with the good life in no time.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com