News Stories Tagged hawaii
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. They stick around from December through May, making that the best time to go see them up close in all their glory.
If you needed one, the new Vive Hotel is happy to provide yet another reason to head to Waikiki Beach. Modern creature comforts mix with regional touches and Hawaiian cuisine at this new stay.
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal. Traditional huli huli chicken. Moist kalua pork. Fresh off the boat ahi tuna. Spicy Asian noodles. Come hungry.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
For when the kids get bored of building sandcastles while the parents hang out at the tiki bar, here are nine activities and destinations guaranteed to entertain the youngsters and the young-at-hearts alike.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
Make yourself at home among the volcanoes with the reopening of Hawaii's oldest property, (they started taking guests in 1846). There's nothing dated about these new retro-chic renovations, though.
This week we spanned the map of summer getaways, but we couldn't let you go without prepping you with insider tips on vacation rentals, cool airline amenities, and off-the-beaten-path spots.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $459 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas Beach Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $649 -- Exotic Caribbean Cruises w/Tips & Unlimited DrinksAvoya Travel