News Stories Tagged halloween
Costumes, parades, and haunted hay rides are only a few of the activities you can find at the best Halloween festivals in America.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Halloween attractions and events around the country are upping the adrenaline ante with freaky outings that will really make you earn your candy this year. Here are our five favorites for unforgettable thrills and chills.
There are amazing bars all across the US, but we've collected 10 that play host to some more interesting patrons than you'll find anywhere else—ghosts, spirits, and shades. Pull up a bar-stool, grab a drink, and try not break into a cold sweat as you imbibe with the dearly departed!
These 10 spooky spots around the world claim eerie encounters like full-bodied apparitions of former royalty, ghostly orbs, mysterious echoes of cannon fire from bygone centuries, and even a phantom truck that terrorizes drivers. No matter which you visit, you’re guaranteed some spirited sightseeing.
Scary movies? Easy. Corn mazes? Child's play. The really spooky stuff comes with true, long histories—think the Salem Witch Trials and the remains of the California Gold Rush.
Freakish ghosts and terrifying ghouls are great, but there are heaps of gentler thrills for families with little ones. Whether its "punkin chunkin" or a wicked kids workshop, here are our top picks.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
We are so excited for Halloween that it was difficult to not use exclamation points in this story. But really, London is giving the US a run for its money in the amazing Halloween fun department.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com