News Stories Tagged halloween
Costumes, parades, and haunted hay rides are only a few of the activities you can find at the best Halloween festivals in America.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Halloween attractions and events around the country are upping the adrenaline ante with freaky outings that will really make you earn your candy this year. Here are our five favorites for unforgettable thrills and chills.
There are amazing bars all across the US, but we've collected 10 that play host to some more interesting patrons than you'll find anywhere else—ghosts, spirits, and shades. Pull up a bar-stool, grab a drink, and try not break into a cold sweat as you imbibe with the dearly departed!
These 10 spooky spots around the world claim eerie encounters like full-bodied apparitions of former royalty, ghostly orbs, mysterious echoes of cannon fire from bygone centuries, and even a phantom truck that terrorizes drivers. No matter which you visit, you’re guaranteed some spirited sightseeing.
Scary movies? Easy. Corn mazes? Child's play. The really spooky stuff comes with true, long histories—think the Salem Witch Trials and the remains of the California Gold Rush.
Freakish ghosts and terrifying ghouls are great, but there are heaps of gentler thrills for families with little ones. Whether its "punkin chunkin" or a wicked kids workshop, here are our top picks.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
We are so excited for Halloween that it was difficult to not use exclamation points in this story. But really, London is giving the US a run for its money in the amazing Halloween fun department.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $359 -- Luxe 4-Diamond Phoenix Resort, 4th Night FreeArizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- $134 & up -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $1965 & up -- Australia Vacations incl. Virgin Australia AirTourism Australia
- $219-$269 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $529 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $160 & up -- Baltimore: 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel