News Stories Tagged green travel
Walk softly on forest trails and keep as quiet as you can. You'll spot more wildlife and maintain the natural atmosphere of the forest for other visitors, too. Stay on marked trails and never approach animals; user your zoom lense to capture close-ups.
Being eco-conscious is the only way to ensure that Africa's amazing biodiversity continues to thrive for years to come. Follow our four tips to minimize your footprint.
Combining travel and volunteering, voluntourism is a popular trend, whether it's helping the environment or local community. Here's what to expect and where to find the right program for you to give back while you travel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fall Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $569 & up -- Mexican Riviera 6-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $85 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Punta Cana Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago