News Stories Tagged green travel
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
To celebrate Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways for all of us to travel greener and continue celebrating this gorgeous planet long after today—from hotels to gadgets and beyond.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council has just released a draft of its Destination Criteria for sustainable tourism, and they want your input.
When you're on-the-go, why not go green? We rounded up seven of our favorite well-designed, eco-friendly, multipurpose products to help keep you organized and entertained on your journeys.
The "pop-up" phenomenon is finally catching on in the hotel sphere. A new breed of pop-up hotels offers unique, limited-duration lodging experiences to travelers, with runs typically lasting only a few months at a time. Pop into these four uniquely beautiful pop-up properties, set in inspiring locales worthy of dedicated trips, before they disappear.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
More of you than ever have made Kenya your dream safari destination but here’s why more people doesn’t necessarily mean less enjoyment of the wildlife.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
If enough guests keep requesting it, more lodgings just might hop on the eco-bandwagon. And while you're thinking green, be sure to take consider re-using your towels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com