News Stories Tagged green travel
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
To celebrate Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways for all of us to travel greener and continue celebrating this gorgeous planet long after today—from hotels to gadgets and beyond.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council has just released a draft of its Destination Criteria for sustainable tourism, and they want your input.
When you're on-the-go, why not go green? We rounded up seven of our favorite well-designed, eco-friendly, multipurpose products to help keep you organized and entertained on your journeys.
The "pop-up" phenomenon is finally catching on in the hotel sphere. A new breed of pop-up hotels offers unique, limited-duration lodging experiences to travelers, with runs typically lasting only a few months at a time. Pop into these four uniquely beautiful pop-up properties, set in inspiring locales worthy of dedicated trips, before they disappear.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
More of you than ever have made Kenya your dream safari destination but here’s why more people doesn’t necessarily mean less enjoyment of the wildlife.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
If enough guests keep requesting it, more lodgings just might hop on the eco-bandwagon. And while you're thinking green, be sure to take consider re-using your towels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1289 & up -- 14-Day Cruise to Bermuda, Canada & New EnglandNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $2649 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa