News Stories Tagged greece
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking it to the islands. We say: Stick around. Athens has great local flavor and tons to explore.
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living. Between afternoon swims and nighttime strolls, eat like the locals. Which is to say, eat well.
A week in the Greek isles? Where do we sign? No matter your travel style, there is an island (or two) for you. Pick from these island-hopping itineraries for romantics, history buffs, and more.
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek dishes and drinks we've never heard of. Believe us, it's high time we got past baklava.
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime. But that doesn't mean you have to forego the dream of sand and sun—try these exotic beach destinations instead.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves? Doing just that on the cheap, of course. These are our picks for chic beach getaways that are gentle on the wallet.
Autumn brings harvest season to Europe, when olives and grapes practically beg to be picked and turned into olive oil and wine. Go behind the scenes, and then some, during harvest in Greece.
Why let a little financial crisis prevent you from sun-drenched beaches, sparkling blue water, and bright white houses of Greece? It's actually a great time to go, with hotel prices dropping all the time.
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $149 & up -- SoCal: Carlsbad Resort near Legoland, 40% OffSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport