News Stories Tagged golf
What if you were to visit Orlando and not set foot in a single theme park? You'd find this city has a lot more to offer than just Mickey. Here are 10 Orlando attractions outside the theme park bubble.
If you're lucky enough to be on some of golf's more storied fairways, you may not be thinking about what you'll do off the course. But John Dunn, former caddy and now author, gives us 5 solid reasons to stray...a little.
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with Michael Jordan (you just call him MJ) and a few of his most famous friends.
From the LPGA in sunny Oahu to the PGA championship in rustic Rochester, New York, here's our cheat sheet for the year's best tournaments - and what to do when you're not on the course.
Does the idea of hitting the high seas and hitting the links hit all the right notes with you? Then consider this hole-in-one trip idea: Divide your time between ocean blues and golf course greens with a golf-themed cruise vacation. We've rounded up six golfing cruises that combine stops in world-class courses with the guidance of top-notch golf pros for an above-par getaway.
Discounts on golf are often available for resort guests and for those who book tee times on the web, as well as for those willing to play in the afternoon instead of the morning. Twilight fees are also usually offered; call individual courses for information.
Book online to get your desired time. Most courses are connected to reservation services that book tee times online, up to a week in advance. Get availability, pricing, and discounted tee time information by logging on to an individual course’s Web site.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $69 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into Fall, O/WVirgin America
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort