News Stories Tagged germany
Here are seven great spots for tippling next time you find yourself in Germany's most exciting city.
The five big German auto manufacturers offer museums, factory tours, and other car-themed attractions to enjoy, even if you aren't buying a new car.
One of our editors gives advice on the perfect two-day itinerary for Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Berlin's ubercool aesthetic extends from its art scene, culture, architecture, and nightlife into its striking street style. Pack these chic picks and you're sure to stand out in Berlin's hip, eclectic crowd.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Feeling a little down on your luck? Was 2012 not your year? Check out our list of the luckiest places on earth, and maybe you'll turn your luck around in the new year.
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
Whether you watch Downton Abbey or not, no one would turn down the chance to rest like royalty for a few nights. Here are a few choice places to do just that, no matter your budget.
Paris usually gets the attention from romance seekers. But this small German city has got romance in spades from Baroque churches and old bridges to a stunning castle and old school restaurants.
German wines seem...mysterious, don't they? Not as heavily marketed as their French, Italian, or even Californian counterparts, it takes a bit more homework to fully understand their regions and grapes.
Lined with historic cities and jewel-box villages, the Danube is just begging to be sailed down. So that's just what our cruise correspondent did—on a swank Scenic Diamond ship no less.
This might just be the best cruise ship you've never heard of. We're just back from cruising with Hapag-Lloyd in Germany, and points beyond, and we're practically in withdrawals.
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things beer and Bavarian eats (as well as where to stay) will set you straight for Oktoberfest 2013.
Curious about European river cruising? One little Rhine River itinerary with Avalon Waterways, and you'll be an believer. Floating past Medieval castles, wine glass in hand, anyone?
Once you've decided to visit Berlin, next you've got to work out which neighborhood to use as home base, which is best for oggling street art, and which has the chicest cafes. We're breaking it down.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
On June 3rd, more than 20 years after the fall of the wall that separated East and West Germany, travelers to and from Berlin will again unite, this time under the roof of one major international airport.
Get the best of a guided tour through Düsseldorf without the strict timetable.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $2399 & up -- Australia: Melbourne Escape w/Tours, Save $875Tourism Victoria
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $3115 & up -- China: Shanghai & Beijing Escape w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations