News Stories Tagged germany
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United States and elsewhere and invites visitors to research their own ancestors' migration history.
The best way to visit the beautiful Reichstag dome in Berlin, Germany without waiting in line is to arrive at 8am, or to make a reservation for the pricey rooftop Käfer restaurant, which includes access to an entrance at the right of the Reichstag's main staircase.
Test your knowledge of the Old Masters at this museum in Munich.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Nestled in the shadow of ancient cathedrals or in illuminated town squares, Europe's bustling holiday markets offer a taste of Christmas through the ages. Of the hundreds of exceptional celebrations around Europe, we've selected these five festive destinations and their best markets.
Dusseldorf International Airport can now boast having more than 20 million passengers, as 1 million people have traveled through every year for the last 5 years.
At Nürnberger Bratwurst Glöckl am Dom in Munich, just inside the side door, there's a little window serving fresh Augustiner from a wooden barrel. You can stand there with some of the regulars or enjoy the small courtyard if the weather is nice.
Whether you are planning to attend Oktoberfest next year or want to make the most of Oktoberfest stateside, we have the skinny on Oktoberfest for you. So tap a barrel, grab a beer, and join the party with the immortal cry: O'zapft is! It's tapped!
You can visit the restaurant without paying the museum's admission fee. Try beer from one of Munich's oldest breweries, the Augustiner Bräu.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $1705 & up -- Costa Rica 8-Nt. Eco-Adventure incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $899 & up -- Ends 10/24: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations
- $169 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Manhattan Hotel w/Wi-Fi, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona