News Stories Tagged germany
This might just be the best cruise ship you've never heard of. We're just back from cruising with Hapag-Lloyd in Germany, and points beyond, and we're practically in withdrawals.
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things beer and Bavarian eats (as well as where to stay) will set you straight for Oktoberfest 2013.
Curious about European river cruising? One little Rhine River itinerary with Avalon Waterways, and you'll be an believer. Floating past Medieval castles, wine glass in hand, anyone?
Once you've decided to visit Berlin, next you've got to work out which neighborhood to use as home base, which is best for oggling street art, and which has the chicest cafes. We're breaking it down.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
On June 3rd, more than 20 years after the fall of the wall that separated East and West Germany, travelers to and from Berlin will again unite, this time under the roof of one major international airport.
Get the best of a guided tour through Düsseldorf without the strict timetable.
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United States and elsewhere and invites visitors to research their own ancestors' migration history.
The best way to visit the beautiful Reichstag dome in Berlin, Germany without waiting in line is to arrive at 8am, or to make a reservation for the pricey rooftop Käfer restaurant, which includes access to an entrance at the right of the Reichstag's main staircase.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1778 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TourTripMasters.com
- $899 & up -- Dreams: 4-Star Cancun Beach Retreat w/AirApple Vacations
- $2089 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise incl. Costa RicaCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations
- $999 -- Ireland: 4-Night Dublin Escape in Fall w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $828* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand