News Stories Tagged germany
Whether you watch Downton Abbey or not, no one would turn down the chance to rest like royalty for a few nights. Here are a few choice places to do just that, no matter your budget.
Paris usually gets the attention from romance seekers. But this small German city has got romance in spades from Baroque churches and old bridges to a stunning castle and old school restaurants.
German wines seem...mysterious, don't they? Not as heavily marketed as their French, Italian, or even Californian counterparts, it takes a bit more homework to fully understand their regions and grapes.
Lined with historic cities and jewel-box villages, the Danube is just begging to be sailed down. So that's just what our cruise correspondent did—on a swank Scenic Diamond ship no less.
This might just be the best cruise ship you've never heard of. We're just back from cruising with Hapag-Lloyd in Germany, and points beyond, and we're practically in withdrawals.
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things beer and Bavarian eats (as well as where to stay) will set you straight for Oktoberfest 2013.
Curious about European river cruising? One little Rhine River itinerary with Avalon Waterways, and you'll be an believer. Floating past Medieval castles, wine glass in hand, anyone?
Once you've decided to visit Berlin, next you've got to work out which neighborhood to use as home base, which is best for oggling street art, and which has the chicest cafes. We're breaking it down.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
On June 3rd, more than 20 years after the fall of the wall that separated East and West Germany, travelers to and from Berlin will again unite, this time under the roof of one major international airport.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $4199 -- Exotic Tahiti & Hawaii Cruise w/$400 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $339 -- One-bedroom Suite at 4-Star NYC Hotel, Reg. $449Lombardy Hotel
- $69-$79 -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite incl. WeekendsSea Watch Resort
- $1799 & up -- Venice, Florence & Rome w/Air and RailFriendly Planet Travel
- $2299 -- Ireland Land-Only Escorted Trip in SpringGlobus
- $140 & up -- Hawaii: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 30%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani