News Stories Tagged georgia
Think outside the tailgate. These five conference favorites get top rankings from sports fans with both Heisman and Michelin on the brain. In these college towns, great sports meet great food.
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. The city is endlessly charming and bike-friendly, and on two wheels you can see historic squares and hidden side streets up close.
Glamping—glamorous camping—lets you enjoy the great outdoors without giving up little daily luxuries. Here are our six favorite glamping spots across the country.
Now that summer has officially arrived, crowds are going to be flocking to the coast to beat the heat. We've got some insider best bets for the most blissfully uncrowded stretches of sand from Massachusetts to South Carolina.
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial will commemorate this tumultuous period in U.S. history. Many of the famous battlefields and historic sites are preserved for today's visitors.
Do you have a dream? In the spirit of Dr. King, here are three inspiring ways to spend your long weekend. January 17 is a national day of service, and marks the 25th anniversary of the federal holiday.
There are a handful of hotels in London and Paris that have obtained landmark status in the minds of locals and travelers alike. Considered timeless classics, these hotels enjoy outsized reputations and are known for their over-the-top service, regal decorative flourishes, aura of exclusivity, and their priced-for-a-prince rack rates. If you're checking in, chances are you're prepared to not quibble over cost; you're there for the experience of it all.
Have you slept in any of the hotels mentioned below? Tell us about your stay—would you do it again? What other hotels would you nominate for this list?
We've also included ideas for experiencing a sliver of these old dames' magic without acquiring a room key and trivia to keep in mind if you're just walking through.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $284 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2499 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Luxe Alaska Cruise incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $51 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1099 & up -- Ireland: 5-Star Villa Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations