News Stories Tagged galleries
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
Revisit the 50 most breathtaking shots that have graced the pages of National Geographic when you head over to the new exhibit at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
Florence may not be first on your list of up-and-coming cities, but the Renaissance City is constantly - forgive the pun - being reborn. Check out why we can't wait to go back.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Known for its jazz festival, chewy bagels, and guilty pleasure snack poutine, Montreal is one of the best places for a city breaks in North America. And now its time to discover its underground art scene.
From the multicultural Kreuzberg neighborhood to mainstay galleries, Berlin's art scene is ever-changing. Here are this summer's must-sees.
After a ten-month renovation, Paris's contemporary art haven, the Palais de Tokyo, reopened to the public last week announcing ambitious and enticing plans for their upcoming exhibitions.
The Barnes Foundation, home to Albert Barnes' extensive collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and early Modern art, is set to debut its new Philadelphia campus. To commemorate the opening, visitors can enjoy free admission for ten days, from opening day May 19th to the 28th, and a Memorial Day weekend-long schedule of celebratory festivities.
There are many free docent-led tours every day, and a recorded tour of highlights is available for a $5 rental fee on the main floor adjacent to the rotunda. For a cheat-sheet tour, pick up the laminated "What to See in One Hour" (the same guide is available for the East Building and on the Web); it pinpoints 12 must-see masterworks. Learn more with our National Gallery of Art Review.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $149-$179 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $1267 & up -- Costa Rica: 4-City, 7-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations