News Stories Tagged fun
Whether you’re dancing samba on the beaches of Rio’s Copacabana beach, or watching the fireworks over Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour, ushering in the New Year has never been so entertaining. Here are our picks for the world’s best New Year’s celebrations.
Traveling alone has it’s own set of requirements. Whether you are traveling to an isolated location to quiet your soul or plan to join in outdoor activities with others, find your ultimate alone-time escape with these 10 spots.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
We remember films for their excellent writing, their gorgeous leading man or lady, and of course for their iconic settings. These 10 locations were the inspiring backdrop for some truly classic films.
Whether the backdrop is palm trees or skyscrapers, rinks across the country offer unique experiences to fit every traveler. Here are our picks for the best ice skating venues in the United States.
Vacations are a chance to indulge and what better way to truly treat yourself than with chocolate? You can even plan an entire trip around pure, chocolate bliss. We've got 10 sweet places you shouldn't miss.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
There are amazing bars all across the US, but we've collected 10 that play host to some more interesting patrons than you'll find anywhere else—ghosts, spirits, and shades. Pull up a bar-stool, grab a drink, and try not break into a cold sweat as you imbibe with the dearly departed!
These 10 spooky spots around the world claim eerie encounters like full-bodied apparitions of former royalty, ghostly orbs, mysterious echoes of cannon fire from bygone centuries, and even a phantom truck that terrorizes drivers. No matter which you visit, you’re guaranteed some spirited sightseeing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $55 & up -- SoCal: Santa Clarita Hotel Deals up to 50% OffVisit Santa Clarita
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $118 & up -- Chicago Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago