News Stories Tagged france
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Fashion-savvy jetsetters, take note—the winter doldrums haven't dampened Paris's fashion spirit. The City of Light has a slew of new boutiques, from a fragrance concept shop to a Lagerfeld outpost.
There is no lack of great and iconic monuments to discover in Paris, but so much of the city's real heart and history can be found in its smaller museums and their charming gardens.
For food- and wine-focused travelers, Alsace makes for an immensely satisfying vacation any time. Here are a few must-have experiences to fuel your traveling appetite.
A lover of, and expert on, all things South of France (including, but not limited to quirky characters and great food and wine), Peter Mayle has brought us on countless adventures through Provence, Marseille, and beyond. We caught up with him to chat about his latest caper.
There's no end to the wonderful things to see, do, eat, and drink in the City of Light. But take a day to explore the towns around it and you'll discover even more art, culture, and cuisine. And you'll be back by dinner.
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
As the holidays approach, every city and town is getting in the spirit. With ice skating rinks, charming markets, and beautiful window displays, this is a local's take on what Paris is like at Christmastime.
The Louvre is expanding, but not in Paris. The new property in Lens, France, houses 300 masterpieces from Paris' collection, displaying art from each period and style.
Paula McLain, author of The Paris Wife discovered that, despite some fears that it would have been long gone, the Hemingway's Paris is alive, well, and easy to find.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2175 & up -- Scotland: Castle & Manor Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $424 & up -- Carnival 5-Day Bahamas Cruise w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1766 & up -- Tokyo & Kyoto 6-Nt. Package w/Air & TrainTripMasters.com
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line