News Stories Tagged france
It's about that time again—when Hollywood's elite descend on La Croisette for the Cannes Film Festival. Whether you've got passes or not, there's plenty to do around town (and beyond).
Erin Swift wears many hats: set designer, interior decorator, prop stylist, magazine market editor...and author. For her latest project (her first book), she traveled across the US and France all in the name of gorgeous design. We tried to talk her into taking us with her.
Shopping is always a top priority in Paris. While the ladies may have a handle on the shops to hit first, men seem to get the short shrift. Until now. These are the latest and greatest guy's shops in Paris.
Mama Shelter has just added a fourth property to its growing list of insanely hip and artsy hotels; the first three are in Paris, Istanbul, and Marseilles. Expect fun, eclectic touches and modern amenities.
Think life in Paris is all long lunches and pastel-colored macarons? Well...you'd mostly be right. But before you book your one-way ticket, read this expat's tale.
There are endless things to do in Paris, yes, but there are also endlessly charming and worthwhile destinations to escape to just an hour away. Spend a day (or weekend!) in one of these top picks.
The reopening of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez in February adds a little 1970s style to the Saint-Tropez shores.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Fashion-savvy jetsetters, take note—the winter doldrums haven't dampened Paris's fashion spirit. The City of Light has a slew of new boutiques, from a fragrance concept shop to a Lagerfeld outpost.
There is no lack of great and iconic monuments to discover in Paris, but so much of the city's real heart and history can be found in its smaller museums and their charming gardens.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways