News Stories Tagged france
Take two minutes this morning to watch this awesome video of an eagle in flight. A trainer strapped a GoPro camera to this beautiful eagle, hit record, and let it fly.
With so much to see and do in Paris, it's hard to narrow it down to the essentials, while still having an experience that's a good balance of everything the city has to offer.
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
This might just be the whimsy capital of France. Nantes is chockablock with delightful, quirky, colorful discoveries from a Jules Verne-inspired theme park to ornate eateries. And its a breeze to get there.
To say that cheese is at the heart of French cuisine is an understatement, and the offerings and specialties vary wildly across the country. So author and expert Kathe Lison drew us a map...a delicious French cheese map.
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming villages to endless culinary delights, here are the top destinations to discover next.
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? Check. Horses, a full spa, tennis court, and olive grove on site? Yep. We just wish we could have this luxe new property all to ourselves.
The gray weather has passed and Paris is in full-blown summertime swing. Sidle up to a sidewalk cafe and then take your pick of all the fabulous outdoor events and activities on offer this summer.
There's much more to the Seine now than a romantic stroll or a picnic. A new mile-long promenade along the river offers floating gardens, restaurants, athletic areas, and a napping zone.
Chateaux-dotted landscapes, prehistoric caves, stunning scenery, and endless amounts of wine, cheese, and foie gras—the pleasures of France's Dordogne region await.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2014
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $89-$99 -- 4-Star Orlando Hotel incl. Park Shuttles, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $1761 & up -- Costa Rica 7-Nt. Eco-Adventure w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $972* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line