News Stories Tagged food and wine
This winter, travelers can uncover a gold mine of dining destinations in Denver, putting the city on the map for more than just skiing (and hipsters!). Here's your foodie hit list, before or after you hit the slopes.
What's old is new again, as brewers across the country rediscover the ancient alcoholic beverage mead. Discover the historic, heady beverage at small-batch tasting rooms and craft distilleries nationwide.
From tapas dive bars to triple Michelin-starred restaurants, Madrid's dining scene has it all. Here are our five recommendations for where to eat in Madrid right now.
An old-world Italian Christmas brims with tradition, culture, and of course, good food. Read on for a visitor's guide to the local holiday rhythm in three top Italian cities.
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in eastern Switzerland makes for a culturally and gastronomically rich pit stop on any traveler's Swiss journey.
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new American TABLE and American FEAST menus are sure to satisfy any craving you may have at sea.
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. The culinary capital of the West Coast has seen a rush of new and notable eateries, including these six tempting picks.
This once industrial railroad town, nestled in an Appalachian valley, is now very hip, very green, and very geared toward food lovers, who can eat a lot more than grits and cornbread these days.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Harlem has an incredibly rich history, so it seems only natural that now we're witnessing a culinary explosion in the nabe, a melting pot of global palates and cuisines. Try these choice eateries first.
Well known for its historic significance and thriving art scene, San Antonio deserves another look for its culinary offerings. Think award-winning chefs, cool converted spaces, and a focus on craft beer.
We spent two days jetting (ahem, via private jet) to four northeastern states to discover their most iconic tastes. Paired with wine. In the name of research.
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured chefs like Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Michael Mina, and more. Here's what she learned.
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. See (and taste) it all on this perfect food-lover's road trip through Basque country.
The NYC Wine and Food Festival is around the corner. And that means household name chefs from across the country will descend on the Big Apple for four food-filled days. We caught up with three major players to get the inside track.
Miami's food scene is heating up with chefs from across the country and beyond setting their sights on its sexy and sun-drenched terrain. Here are the eateries on the top of our list.
Your days in Quebec City could easily be filled with monuments, museums, and charming neighborhoods. But save time for food—you won't want to miss the fantastic cuisine that blankets the city.
Pick a flavor, any flavor... and we've covered it lately. From the best new restaurants in London, San Diego, and beyond, to Disney's can't-miss eats, here are your can't-miss stories.
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again. Just 50 miles outside of Santiago, visitors find spruced up wineries, fantastic cuisine, and stunning scenery.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $90 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 35%Hyatt Place Panama City Downtown
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand