News Stories Tagged food and wine
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
There's no better way to dive head first into a new culture than by dining like and among the locals. So this new-ish trend of locals inviting travelers in for home-cooked meals is right up our alley.
We don't have to tell you how incredibly fun it is to discover a destination via food and drink. But real foodies go beyond dinner reservations—get your hands dirty on these great culinary trips.
From celeb-chef chasers to fried oyster aficionados, and from country music fans to hot air balloon adventurers, there are festivals for everyone—these are the ones that are worth traveling for.
Known for idyllic beaches and majestic Mayan ruins, Mexico's Riviera Maya is gaining ground as a culinary destination. So we checked out their second annual food fest and were definitely not disappointed.
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
We're taking you beyond the atmospheric coffee shops that Amsterdam is known for in favor of a gourmet culinary canal tour, a hidden farmer's market, and a Dutch cheese school.
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South Beach for the cutting-edge food and great wines to be found all over town.
When it comes to living well, there are few who can match Francis Ford Coppola. He owns two wildly successful California wineries and five resorts spread between Belize, Argentina, Italy, and Guatemala. Here, the man (the myth, the legend) talks wine, food, and Italy.
For food- and wine-focused travelers, Alsace makes for an immensely satisfying vacation any time. Here are a few must-have experiences to fuel your traveling appetite.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $170 & up -- Savannah 4-Diamond Forsyth Park Hotel, 45% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $139 & up -- Ends 10/14: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $399 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $799 -- Balcony on 2015 Caribbean Cruises w/Tips, Save $550CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort