News Stories Tagged food and wine
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
There's no better way to dive head first into a new culture than by dining like and among the locals. So this new-ish trend of locals inviting travelers in for home-cooked meals is right up our alley.
We don't have to tell you how incredibly fun it is to discover a destination via food and drink. But real foodies go beyond dinner reservations—get your hands dirty on these great culinary trips.
From celeb-chef chasers to fried oyster aficionados, and from country music fans to hot air balloon adventurers, there are festivals for everyone—these are the ones that are worth traveling for.
Known for idyllic beaches and majestic Mayan ruins, Mexico's Riviera Maya is gaining ground as a culinary destination. So we checked out their second annual food fest and were definitely not disappointed.
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
We're taking you beyond the atmospheric coffee shops that Amsterdam is known for in favor of a gourmet culinary canal tour, a hidden farmer's market, and a Dutch cheese school.
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South Beach for the cutting-edge food and great wines to be found all over town.
When it comes to living well, there are few who can match Francis Ford Coppola. He owns two wildly successful California wineries and five resorts spread between Belize, Argentina, Italy, and Guatemala. Here, the man (the myth, the legend) talks wine, food, and Italy.
For food- and wine-focused travelers, Alsace makes for an immensely satisfying vacation any time. Here are a few must-have experiences to fuel your traveling appetite.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $559 -- Cruise Two Continents: 15 Nights plus $100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $689 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $269-$299 -- NYC: 4-Star Hotel at Brooklyn Bridge, Save 25%New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line