News Stories Tagged food and wine
Surrounded by world-renowned wine estates, farmland, and miles of rich coastline, Cape Town is one of Africa's foremost food destinations. We did the research for you and picked the cream of the crop.
To say that cheese is at the heart of French cuisine is an understatement, and the offerings and specialties vary wildly across the country. So author and expert Kathe Lison drew us a map...a delicious French cheese map.
We came, we saw, and we conquered at this year's Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Colorado. Sampling bites from new chefs and household names, here are the ten coolest things we discovered.
Apparently we've been hungry. And thirsty. We're bringing you everything from food-filled Costa Rica itineraries to a break down of Spain's mad gin & tonic obsession.
Chateaux-dotted landscapes, prehistoric caves, stunning scenery, and endless amounts of wine, cheese, and foie gras—the pleasures of France's Dordogne region await.
Rene Redzepi, of international and cult-status fame for his award-winning restaurant Noma, mapped out his favorite food and drink spots in Copenhagen for us. And now we're sharing it with you.
Established in 1555, Rome's Jewish Quarter has an long and rich history. And one of the best ways to discover it is through its most iconic dishes.
From breweries and distilleries to homemade bourbon cake and classic crispy fried chicken, you will not go hungry (or thirtsy) in Virginia. Drive an hour (or less) from its major cities and you're in foodie heaven.
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. Wine. But many of them offer so much more, from stunning views and architecture to truly fantastic restaurants. Here are the best of the best.
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out. We picked five of the latest and greatest for you to try now.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays