News Stories Tagged food
Nashville has a delicious secret: Beyond singing and songwriting, food plays a leading role. After all, someone has to fuel the musicians in the music capital of the world!
One of the great rewards of travel is seeing the world’s most historic sites, whether they're sprawling palaces or impressive monuments. But often overlooked are the everyday places where some of history's most prominent players once dined and interacted.
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington, D.C., in 2014.
Eating and drinking may just be Cleveland's new top attraction. This post-industrial town is trading rust for lust—for great food. Follow the locals to these five can't-miss Cleveland experiences.
If you're craving an exotic foodies' getaway, New York may be just the ticket—here are five Manhattan neighborhoods where culinary culture is best tasted.
Experience all that this exotic island nation has to offer–from lush mountains to pristine beaches–when the weather finally cools down during the winter months.
Whether your taste buds crave spicy Korean tacos at Los Angeles truck Kogi BBQ or freshly baked buttermilk biscuits at Austin’s Biscuits + Groovy, food trucks are a great option for finding a quick—and delicious—meal.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
For most people spending a day on the slopes, the food options usually consist of hamburgers, pizza and wings eaten off a plastic tray, all washed down with a soda. But some ski areas are known as much for their food as their slopes and snowfall. Here are some of the best ski towns for foodies.
Airport food can leave much to be desired. But a select number of airport restaurants are challenging that norm, offering freshly prepared, gourmet menus for guests on the go.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $769 & up -- Panama Canal & Beach 6-Nt. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations
- $549 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Caribbean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1129 & up -- 8-Nt. Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $1365 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com