News Stories Tagged foliage
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall, the parade of foliage colors here wows visitors and residents alike.
For every reason to visit Park City, Utah, amidst snowy landscapes, there's an equally good one to justify travel there in fall. Read on for five reasons why you should make the trek to Park City this autumn.
Vermont is beautiful, as are the Catskills, but for a true foliage-focused getaway, we suggest booking it to Wisconsin, where these three stays are luxe, quiet, and surrounded by the falling leaves.
Fodor's Executive Editor Arabella Bowen stopped by the TODAY Show last week to talk all things fall foliage. From Vermont to Oregon, her picks crisscrossed the country. Watch here.
It's just about that time again...leaf-peeping time. So do as our ancestors did, and whip out your iPhone so you can figure out what you're looking at and when you'll see the best colors.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
Vibrant red and yellows combined with cooler temperatures make Fall the perfect time to visit many National Parks. While the Eastern parks have the advantage here, golden aspens also attract leaf peepers to western parks too. Here's the breakdown on some of the best National Parks for autumn visits.
Heading out to see the autumns leaves? Here are a few things to keep in mind for planning a trip . . .
Fall in the Finger Lakes is the ultimate fall leaf-peeping experience . . .
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $103 & up -- NYC: Starwood Hotel Sale, Up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $134 & up -- Suite: 4-Star All-Incl. Jamaica Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com