News Stories Tagged festivals
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
There is no better way to experience the soul of a destination than through its food. Crossing the continent as far as Hawaii and as high as Canada, we’ve handpicked North America’s 15 most mouthwatering food festivals based on epicurean education, chef interaction, and grand tastings.
From Martha’s Vineyard to Sin City, and even Disney World, here are 10 of the best fall wine festivals—and they're all outside Napa and Sonoma. Expect grand tastings with opportunities to sip dozens of wines, wine-geek seminars, winemaker dinners, and chefs’ cooking demos.
The NYC Wine and Food Festival is around the corner. And that means household name chefs from across the country will descend on the Big Apple for four food-filled days. We caught up with three major players to get the inside track.
Avid beer lovers will pour into Denver (get it?) next month to try an enormous collection of American beers—more than 600 breweries will be pouring. Here's one local's tips to doing it right.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
Ask any New Yorker. Fall is the best time to experience the city. And with an endless string of annual events and fests, gorgeous weather, and guaranteed hot new restaurant openings, it's easy to see why.
London is top of mind, what with a tiny new heir to the throne and some cleaned-up neighborhoods still thriving post-Olympics. Fall is the best time to go, so we practically planned your trip for you.
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking den of eccentric delights for four days this month in celebration of all things cocktail. Alexis Korman is here to report back on her experience at the boozy celebration.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $95 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Beachfront Family ResortBookIt.com