News Stories Tagged festivals
This gracious port city is home to a hot restaurant scene, three new distilleries, cultural events in the spring, and more. Check out our five reasons to visit Charleston now.
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington, D.C., in 2014.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
Got cabin fever? Just because the temperature is dropping doesn't mean the outdoorsy fun has to stop. Take a page from these weird and wacky festivals around the country, and celebrate the snow.
Nothing says “let it snow” like winter snow sport festivals, where freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions become reason to celebrate. From skiing to snow sculpting to polar plunges, these festivals embody the joy of winter recreation.
Every year, visitors gather in different locations around the world to participate in festivals ranging from spiritual to lighthearted. From bathing in a sacred river to samba dancing, festivals offer a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? San Diego is home to more than 70 craft breweries. One insider guides us to the best of the best.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
There is no better way to experience the soul of a destination than through its food. Crossing the continent as far as Hawaii and as high as Canada, we’ve handpicked North America’s 15 most mouthwatering food festivals based on epicurean education, chef interaction, and grand tastings.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA
- $1999 -- Escorted China & Hong Kong 11-Nt. Escape w/AirHong Kong Tourism Board
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa