News Stories Tagged festivals
This gracious port city is home to a hot restaurant scene, three new distilleries, cultural events in the spring, and more. Check out our five reasons to visit Charleston now.
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington, D.C., in 2014.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
Got cabin fever? Just because the temperature is dropping doesn't mean the outdoorsy fun has to stop. Take a page from these weird and wacky festivals around the country, and celebrate the snow.
Nothing says “let it snow” like winter snow sport festivals, where freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions become reason to celebrate. From skiing to snow sculpting to polar plunges, these festivals embody the joy of winter recreation.
Every year, visitors gather in different locations around the world to participate in festivals ranging from spiritual to lighthearted. From bathing in a sacred river to samba dancing, festivals offer a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? San Diego is home to more than 70 craft breweries. One insider guides us to the best of the best.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
There is no better way to experience the soul of a destination than through its food. Crossing the continent as far as Hawaii and as high as Canada, we’ve handpicked North America’s 15 most mouthwatering food festivals based on epicurean education, chef interaction, and grand tastings.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa