News Stories Tagged festivals
This gracious port city is home to a hot restaurant scene, three new distilleries, cultural events in the spring, and more. Check out our five reasons to visit Charleston now.
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington, D.C., in 2014.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
Got cabin fever? Just because the temperature is dropping doesn't mean the outdoorsy fun has to stop. Take a page from these weird and wacky festivals around the country, and celebrate the snow.
Nothing says “let it snow” like winter snow sport festivals, where freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions become reason to celebrate. From skiing to snow sculpting to polar plunges, these festivals embody the joy of winter recreation.
Every year, visitors gather in different locations around the world to participate in festivals ranging from spiritual to lighthearted. From bathing in a sacred river to samba dancing, festivals offer a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
During the weeks before Christmas, holiday markets open across Europe and America. Crowds gather to watch Christmas carolers, lantern processions, and tree lightings, while they browse stands of handmade gifts, toys, and decorations. Here are our picks for the world’s best holiday markets.
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country? San Diego is home to more than 70 craft breweries. One insider guides us to the best of the best.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
There is no better way to experience the soul of a destination than through its food. Crossing the continent as far as Hawaii and as high as Canada, we’ve handpicked North America’s 15 most mouthwatering food festivals based on epicurean education, chef interaction, and grand tastings.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- $8.01 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $239 & up -- Ends 12/2: Pacific Coast Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $134-$143 -- Colombia: 4-Star Bogota Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- $229 & up -- Ends 12/2: Cruise Sale w/Up to $250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $150-$200 -- Downtown Buenos Aires Hotel, Save 20%Sheraton Libertador Hotel