News Stories Tagged family travel
With sun, surf, sand, and, you know, manatees, Vieques has it all, whether you're a family or just a couple of lovebirds. Here are five reasons to visit this (relatively) hidden Caribbean hot spot.
Hitting the ski slopes on vacation is great...just maybe not every day. For wintry fun off the bunny slopes and black diamonds, check out our top winter activities at resorts and ski areas across the country.
Holiday trips can be a mixed bag. But sometimes its not the most perfect trips we remember best. The memories you all shared with us this season were fantastic, fun, and sometimes a little messy. Happy Thanksgiving!
Many ski resorts will try to woo you with promises of fun on the slopes for every age. But not all have chocolate chip cookies on the mountain, kid-only gondolas, and free lift tickets for young ones. These top resorts do.
You're armed and ready with recipes for Thanksgiving (and answers to your aunt's "loving" questions at dinner), but you've still got to pack. Here are our favorite outfits for keeping things chic and merry.
Think Disney is just about the rides? How wrong you are—from the Magic Kingdom to the Animal Kingdom and everything in between, there's tons to do and see in between the rides.
Freakish ghosts and terrifying ghouls are great, but there are heaps of gentler thrills for families with little ones. Whether its "punkin chunkin" or a wicked kids workshop, here are our top picks.
Its clockwork—mercury drops, and we crave pumpkin pie and pumpkin patch visits. So we talked to an expert (and patch-owner) to get essential tips for picking (carving, eating) the right one.
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new? From beachy Kiawah Island to colonial Mystic, these escapes might just inspire new family traditions.
What's the first thing you (should) do when the kids go back to school? Look at their vacation schedules and get to planning. Take our expert tips on how to plan for a year of great family getaways.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays