News Stories Tagged expats
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporter tips on how to live, what to buy, and ways to stay cool just one degree north of the equator.
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the largest expat communities in Asia. One expat peels the curtain back on what it's really like to live there.
Life in this small Swiss city has its fair share of fondue and chocolate, not to mention cleanliness. But this expat has discovered there's even more to love about this beautiful, lakefront city.
Think life in Paris is all long lunches and pastel-colored macarons? Well...you'd mostly be right. But before you book your one-way ticket, read this expat's tale.
Ryan Murdock has seen it all—Mongolia to Nicaragua and more. And he recently decided to settle, for a few years at least, in an old palazzo on the Mediterranean island of Malta.
Travel journalist-turned-Peace Corps member Isabel Sterne traded NYC for Namibia last year. Hear her take on adjusting to a very different life in the starkly beautiful southern region of this African country.
We have all said it (often right around an election, but not always): "that's it, I'm leaving the country." And for many, the destination is Australia. Well this young man did it, and lived to tell the tale.
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic. Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- 15 Jaw-Dropping Hotels in the Caribbean
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $1510 & up -- Iceland: Reykjavik Escape w/Spa, Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $199-$205 -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport