News Stories Tagged europe
For a trek that will take you past Europe's most iconic scenery, head out on one of these spectacular hiking routes.
Everything you need to know about the rules and regulations of driving in Europe.
To get to some of Europe's best restaurants, you have to leave the cities behind. But the trip will be well worth it.
Forgo the well-trodden tourist path altogether in favor of some offbeat adventuring, courtesy of these seven unique tours.
Navigate the City of Light like a pro with our tips for avoiding Paris's worst tourist pitfalls.
You'll find more than ancient and baroque art at these off-the-beaten-path cultural institutions in Italy's capital.
One of our editors gives advice on the perfect two-day itinerary for Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
Europe's second cities are by no means second best. Plan a trip to these 15 lesser-known cities, which offer a culture and history all their own.
Spring in Europe is guaranteed to dazzle and delight your senses, whether you’re looking to take off to an exclusive enclave, the newest hot spot, or a trendy metropolis for shopping and time on the beach.
Europe's hot springs have been making wintertime feel like a summer beach party since the days of the ancient Greeks, but nowadays they're often housed in posh spa complexes. Here's our list of some of the best hot baths on the continent.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and thrilling ways to discover three spectacular destinations in one go. Here's your itinerary.
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
There's no getting around the fact that a summer trip to Europe is a fantastic, yet pricey endeavor with growing airline and fuel fees. So we're here to help with these key ways to save.
Booking that glorious summer trip to Europe is step one, now you've got to pack. And we know you, like us, want to look chic no matter the destination. Take these experts' style cues and you'll look like a local in no time.
Croatia, with stunning scenery and a still-off-the-beaten-track vibe, is set to join the EU this summer, which will ease the way for more visitors. Go early to discover all the country has to offer.
Forget what you know about huge Caribbean cruises and consider a ride on the tranquil ships that sail past castles and through wine regions along Europe's most scenic waterways.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
We're just back from the spooky-all-year-round country of Transylvania. The region's long, dark history is everywhere from medieval castles to The Machine House, a five year old hotel outside Brasov.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1149 & up -- 6-Nt. Paris & Rome Vacation w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $197 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $134 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Hotel near Disney, Save 35%Bohemian Hotel Celebration
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle