News Stories Tagged europe
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
Luxury hotel group Jumeirah swung open the doors this week to their plush, new Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel and Spa set in Fodor's "Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring" pick, Mallorca, Spain.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
A travel trend that’s gaining speed these days are family vacations that have nothing to do with theme parks. Rather, ancestral vacations or heritage trips, as they’re sometimes called, involve exploring the origins of your family tree.
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds herself in complex web of intrigue. The novel is set in Luxembourg, an international banking center and the world’s only grand duchy. Here, Pavone shares his top recommendations for places to visit in the country.
The world's premier river cruise company, Viking River Cruises, is poised to invoke its inner Viking as it commemorates the line's 15th anniversary year with an aggressive expansion campaign. Not only will they be launching six new ships on European rivers by August, but they're completely revamping their Russian vessels, to boot.
Family-friendly Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some expansive changes for its 2013 cruise calendar, including a return to the Mediterranean, as well as its first-ever departures out of Miami.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
We would like to invite you to participate in our first-ever Best of Europe survey! We want to know your favorite places in Europe, from picturesque towns to vibrant cities.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1052 -- Budapest to Vienna: 3-Nt. Danube River CruiseAvalon Waterways
- $129 & up -- Palm Springs Esmeralda 4-Star Resort, Save 35%Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort & Spa
- $3799 -- Vietnam 10-Night Cruise w/Credit, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $999 -- 10-Nt. Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$150 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $3999 -- Balcony: Luxe Italy, Greece & Croatia Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises