News Stories Tagged europe
What better way to 'sightsee' than on a rooftop, refreshing cocktail in hand? Hotels across Europe offer sweeping views of their picturesque cities below at their swank rooftop bars. Here are our favorites.
Why let a little financial crisis prevent you from sun-drenched beaches, sparkling blue water, and bright white houses of Greece? It's actually a great time to go, with hotel prices dropping all the time.
Summer means vacation, but that means different things to different travelers. So to make sure every holiday, no matter the style, goes off without a hitch we turned to experts and rounded up this fool-proof checklist.
There are endless reasons to make the trip across the pond this summer, but with Olympics crowds, financial woes, and airport delays, we rounded up some essential tips to take with you.
Whether you're a carry-on pro or pack half your closet for every trip, Allure's Fashion Director gave us her top tips on how to stay chic on your next European getaway.
The excitement of booking a European summer jaunt shouldn't come to a screeching halt when you start packing. Put down the t-shirt and check out our guide to what not to wear in Europe—the men's edition.
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
Luxury hotel group Jumeirah swung open the doors this week to their plush, new Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel and Spa set in Fodor's "Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring" pick, Mallorca, Spain.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
A travel trend that’s gaining speed these days are family vacations that have nothing to do with theme parks. Rather, ancestral vacations or heritage trips, as they’re sometimes called, involve exploring the origins of your family tree.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers