News Stories Tagged europe
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
We're just back from the spooky-all-year-round country of Transylvania. The region's long, dark history is everywhere from medieval castles to The Machine House, a five year old hotel outside Brasov.
Everyone's favorite semi-DIY furniture company is venturing into new territory: budget hotels. They'll be building the furniture completely before guests arrive, and are looking to open in cities across Europe.
What better way to 'sightsee' than on a rooftop, refreshing cocktail in hand? Hotels across Europe offer sweeping views of their picturesque cities below at their swank rooftop bars. Here are our favorites.
Why let a little financial crisis prevent you from sun-drenched beaches, sparkling blue water, and bright white houses of Greece? It's actually a great time to go, with hotel prices dropping all the time.
Summer means vacation, but that means different things to different travelers. So to make sure every holiday, no matter the style, goes off without a hitch we turned to experts and rounded up this fool-proof checklist.
There are endless reasons to make the trip across the pond this summer, but with Olympics crowds, financial woes, and airport delays, we rounded up some essential tips to take with you.
Whether you're a carry-on pro or pack half your closet for every trip, Allure's Fashion Director gave us her top tips on how to stay chic on your next European getaway.
The excitement of booking a European summer jaunt shouldn't come to a screeching halt when you start packing. Put down the t-shirt and check out our guide to what not to wear in Europe—the men's edition.
Wind along Europe's vast network of ancient waterways on riverboats and barges, ranging from low-key to opulent. Here are eight of the best that make intriguing and mouthwatering stops along the way.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1760 & up -- China 4-City 8-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $429 & up -- South Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $239-$269 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $179 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $609 & up -- Waikiki 3-Night Vacations incl. Air & TransfersPleasant Holidays