No matter what your interests might be, and no matter who you are, somewhere in the Caribbean there's a perfect cruise you . So how can you find that proverbial needle in a haystack? And better yet, how can you find it quickly? Give some structure to your planning process by following these four steps.
With over 50 miles of sandy shores—more than any other Hawaiian island—Kaua'i is a beach bum's dream. It's easy to give in to "Hawai'i time" and spend your trip relaxing at spots like Hanalei Bay (pictured) on the North Shore. But you'll miss out on some of Kaua'i's most exciting activities if you're parked on the sand the whole time. Here are five ways to get off your beach towel and experience some of the island's top adventures.
Good food and beaches almost always go hand in hand. Below, we've listed our favorite destinations for gourmet getaways, featuring haute cuisine, cooking classes, authentic street food, and exotic produce in some of our favorite warm weather destinations.
Planning a trip to Hawaii with your family this year? Here's a guide to the best kinds of trips for kids of all ages.
Costa Rica's biodiversity is an incredible thing to discover. And with a little planning you can see everything that interests you here—but making sense of the complicated interplay of climate and geography takes time. Luckily you have us to help! And so, without further ado, a guide to Costa Rica's diverse natural attractions.
If you're looking for a true escape—a vacation where you're more likely to see giant starfish, wild iguanas, swimming pigs, dolphins, and sharks than other people—visit the Exuma Cays in the Bahamas. The archipelago stretches about 80 miles northwest from Great Exuma, the chain's main island and activity hub, relatively speaking.
It's not hard to find bliss in sunshine and warm breezes, particularly when you've made a fast retreat from winter's frosty edge. But there are places in this world where stays take you beyond bliss. Here are a dozen properties—some splurges and some saves—in beautiful, balmy settings where you'll be stretched and massaged, cocooned and cared for guilt free. In these places, you see, nurturing health and well-being, quieting the spirit, and pampering yourself are entirely the point.
If you know yourself and know what you want, you can find perfection in the Caribbean—but that's often easier said than done. Here's how to choose.
Should you try to fit another island into your trip or stay put? Tough call. Although none of the islands are more than thirty minutes away from another by air, security hassles, transport, and check-in all swallow up precious vacation hours. If you've got less than a week, you might want to stay put. But if you're considering a longer stay in Hawaii—and we hope you are—here are some ideas for ways to expand your trip.
Thinking of putting Mexico on your itinerary this winter? Here are some of our favorite Mexico trip ideas for families with kids, organized by the kids' age group.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $1359 & up -- Barcelona & Ibiza 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $799 & up -- Ends 4/25: Canada Cruise w/Credit & OceanviewNorwegian Cruise Line
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fall Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $2649 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago