News Stories Tagged entertainment
For fun on the go, check out these 10 must-have entertainment gadgets, sure to keep you entertained on your next long-haul trip.
Whether you come for the gambling, the food, or the characters found on the Strip, stay for the shows (and these in particular). A new crop of superstars and Broadway shows are taking to Vegas's many stages.
Get those picnic baskets and bottles of wine out. It's time to hit the great outdoors for the annual bevy of summer music festivals that take the country by storm, from Tanglewood to the Hollywood Bowl.
Contrary to popular belief, Walt Disney World doesn’t close down entirely at night. In fact, many of the park’s most entertaining shows happen in the evening, and some activities and attractions are best visited after dusk, when crowds thin out.
Now that you've found your ideal seaside getaway through our Fodor's 80 Degrees by the Sea beach finder tool, it's time to start packing! We've rounded up five of our favorite beach reads, across several genres. Even better, you can enter for a chance to win one of these paperbacks to take with you on your next vacation.
Lunchtime concerts take place all over London in smaller concert halls, the big arts-center foyers, and churches; they usually cost less than £5 or are free, and feature string quartets, singers, jazz ensembles, or gospel choirs.
If you're in Sugar Hill after 9:30 pm, drop by St. Nick's Jazz Pub (http://www.stnicksjazzpub.net), a laid-back, tiny basement club that has been a local fixture for ages. Bring some bills to stuff into the tip jar that circulates, grab a drink, and enjoy the late-night jam sessions.
Don't miss the best deal in town—£10 tickets on Mondays. Tickets are available the day of performance, online at 9 am or in person at 10 am.
The Second City offers free improvisation following the last performance every night but Friday.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $203 & up -- NYC: Westin Times Square Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $669 & up -- Sheraton Kona 3-Nt Escapes w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $895 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $789 & up -- Oahu: Royal Hawaiian 3-Nt. Tips w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays