News Stories Tagged england
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels. So with a new year ahead, we're sharing which soon-to-open properties we are most excited for.
Dare we point out that Valentine's Day is (already) just a month away? Instead of the same ol' chocolate-and-flowers game, take a romantic getaway a deux to one of these sweet destinations.
The iconic English (and Scottish and Irish) countryside is begging to be walked in, and you'd be hard-pressed to find better guides than the English Lakeland Ramblers. Even better, they've offered an exclusive deal just for Fodors.com readers!
Whether you watch Downton Abbey or not, no one would turn down the chance to rest like royalty for a few nights. Here are a few choice places to do just that, no matter your budget.
In the interest of bringing natural elements into the lives of busy urban dwellers, the winners of the High Line for London competition are planting a mushroom garden in the London Tube.
London's soaring to new heights, even post-Olympics. The Emirates Air Line, which opened earlier this summer, transports passengers high above the Thames for a ski lift-like trip to east London.
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently released novel, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Here's a guide to her favorite spots in the English countryside.
Beaches are more than just the perfect summer setting—they're also prime places for fictitious dramas to unfold. These new novels do just that on some perennial favorite beaches.
The newly refurbished Dorset Square Hotel has opened its doors to reveal bold colors, unique furnishings, and a sleek design, all by the same team behind New York's Crosby Street Hotel.
What with Tube, street, and sidewalk traffic guaranteed in London for the coming weeks, smart locals are getting out of town. Avoiding airports, they're taking cars, trains, and ferries to these choice spots.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $1788 -- Escorted Ireland Trip incl. Dublin & Castle StayCIE Tours International
- $1379 & up -- Costa Rica Adults-Only All-Incl. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $1999 & up -- Spain: 4-Star Escorted Vacation w/AirFriendly Planet Travel
- $469 & up -- Riviera Maya: 4-Star Beach Suite Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $80 & up -- Houston Hotel Sale incl. Westins, 60% OffStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $119 -- Famed 5-Star Resort near Scottsdale w/$50 CreditBoulders Resort and Spa