News Stories Tagged england
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish enough to generate buzz and usher customers through the front door. Here are 5 of our favorites.
Embark on Queen Mary 2's transatlantic crossing next summer to celebrate the ship's 10th anniversary, and enjoy the company of fellow guest and performer, legendary singer-songwriter James Taylor.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
The UK's muddy music festivals spawned the super-chic yurts, eco-pods, and geodesic domes that replaced boring tents in favor of "glamping." These five are the coolest of the cool.
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making for fun, romantic, and unique treetop retreats that let everyone feel like a kid again.
Refurbished from a historic Tudor house in Hertfordshire, the hotel combines luxury with Laura Ashley's quaint, floral designs.
Few destinations are as closely linked to literature as England's Lake District. Long-loved by iconic authors (and their characters), it's filled to the brim with historic homes and idyllic scenes.
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
It's baby season for the UK as the world awaits Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal baby. London hotels, restaurants, and museums are getting in the spirit with wild baby-themed offerings.
Wimbledon has just begun, but already there's big news from this year's Championships. Our resident expert hit the streets of the charming London suburb to give us some inside scoop.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $1455 & up -- 6-Nt. London & Dublin Vacation w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $79 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Featured Destination: Virginia
- $199-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $4549 -- Australia Outback, Reef & Melbourne Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $1079 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $780CheapCaribbean.com
- $2299 -- Ireland Land-Only Escorted Trip in SpringGlobus