News Stories Tagged dublin
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoor adventure scene for travelers who like to get their blood pumping.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel, situated in the Docklands area.
If you can survive St. Paddy's in Dublin, you can survive it anywhere... right? Find out what it takes to make it through those iconic, green-hued day(s) in true Irish style.
The Euro goes a long way in Dublin, which makes splurging even more special and saving even easier. Here are our top picks for when to save (and when to splash out) in the Irish capital.
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
The land of rolling pastures and historic cathedrals (and Bono) is cooler than you might think. Here's an insider's take on the coolest things you can't miss on your next trip to the Emerald Isle.
Hitting a pub in Dublin is surely a can't-miss for travelers, but we can't say it's really worth dining in one. Instead, spot into one of these hot Dublin eateries for a taste of the local food scene.
Make this museum part of your St Patrick's day celebration today.
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $1329 & up -- Paris & Rome 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & TransferEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations
- $1649 & up -- Oahu: 4.5-Star Disney Aulani Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $1799 & up -- London in Summer: 4-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $161 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 65% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain