News Stories Tagged dublin
Novelist Johanna Lane, a native of Ireland, shares some of her favorite spots off the well-trodden tourist route.
For a pint and a healthy dose of Irish literary history, head to one of these historic Dublin sites, many of which have been frequented by the greatest Irish writers in history.
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoor adventure scene for travelers who like to get their blood pumping.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel, situated in the Docklands area.
If you can survive St. Paddy's in Dublin, you can survive it anywhere... right? Find out what it takes to make it through those iconic, green-hued day(s) in true Irish style.
The Euro goes a long way in Dublin, which makes splurging even more special and saving even easier. Here are our top picks for when to save (and when to splash out) in the Irish capital.
It doesn't take long to see how rich Dublin's literary history is—statues and exhibits and favored pubs exist on every street corner. Discover the city's literary legends with this easy walking tour.
The land of rolling pastures and historic cathedrals (and Bono) is cooler than you might think. Here's an insider's take on the coolest things you can't miss on your next trip to the Emerald Isle.
Hitting a pub in Dublin is surely a can't-miss for travelers, but we can't say it's really worth dining in one. Instead, spot into one of these hot Dublin eateries for a taste of the local food scene.
Make this museum part of your St Patrick's day celebration today.
It’s impossible to think of Dublin without also thinking of its 1,000 or so "public houses." These are what give Dublin so much of its character, and they’re largely to blame for the fierce loyalty Dublin inspires among locals and visitors. It was hard research, but here are our favorite 6 pubs in Dublin.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1129 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $379 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1145 & up -- 6-Nt. Berlin & Prague Package w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico