News Stories Tagged dominican republic
While many all-inclusive chains are well-known and already wildly popular, read on for 7 options that have remained blissfully under-the-radar or are new brand-new on the scene.
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world. From island to island, the sugar cane-based liquor varies wildly. Here's a field guide to what to taste where.
Fearless Fodor's leader and Executive Editorial Director Arabella Bowen shared her knowledge on CBS This Morning with the help of our 80 Degrees trip-matching tool.
If you think that Punta Cana is all sun-drenched beaches, massaged, and pina coladas, you're right. But there's a grittier side to Punta Cana that is equally as inviting.
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves? Doing just that on the cheap, of course. These are our picks for chic beach getaways that are gentle on the wallet.
The words plush, perks, and pool make a really good combination, don't you think? The new Eden Roc at Cap Cana's got them in spades, plus a golf course, spa, and organic food.
Avoid the typical and touristy spring break destinations by heading just outside the popular hubs. Instead of Punta Cana, try Barahona; skip Cabo and go for Todos Santos. These off-the-path retreats offer a refreshing spring break experience (sans college kids, crowds, and all-inclusive mega resorts) and are home to a few choice hotels—all three below are members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and are offering packages that will save you 30 percent off spring travel.
The prospect of traveling with children can indeed seem daunting, sometimes so much so that the very idea of it keeps families from leaving home altogether. Rest assured, there's hope out there yet for your next kids-inclusive vacation, thanks to these 10 family-friendly hotels that offer plenty of fun for the kiddies, without skimping on the amenities for adults.
Today's best all-inclusives are far from interchangeable. Some cater to solo travelers while others provide a remote and luxurious retreat for couples. Still others are best for vacations with the kids. Whatever your idea of a perfect Caribbean escape, read on to find the perfect all-inclusive for you.
All-inclusive resorts have reached a new level of luxury in the Caribbean, with services such as butlers who make spa and dinner reservations, and pool concierges who schlep cocktails and snacks to your floating chaise lounge.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays