News Stories Tagged disney cruise lines
The Disney Fantasy recently sailed its maiden voyage. And Fodor's Editor Eric Wechter was onboard alongside his wife and 14-year-old son to explore the ship, as well as Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
With its inaugural cruise just weeks away, get a sneak peak inside Disney Fantasy, and the technological innovations that make Disney magic happen.
Most first time visitors to the Walt Disney World theme parks assume they'll have to stand in line for hours to meet Mickey. Here are seven great, unexpected, places to meet your favorite characters—in Orlando and beyond.
Family-friendly Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some expansive changes for its 2013 cruise calendar, including a return to the Mediterranean, as well as its first-ever departures out of Miami.
The hidden coves, calving glaciers, and remarkable wildlife of Alaska have secured its standing as the world’s third-largest cruise market (trailing only behind the Caribbean and Mediterranean), with 2012’s cruise calendar shaping up to be its biggest and best yet.
Disney Cruise Lines announced today that next year will bring new itineraries from three new ports of embarkation: New York City, Seattle, and Galveston, Texas.
Disney Cruise Lines christened its newest ship, the Dream, in Port Canaveral, Florida, on January 19 with a red-carpet, waterside spectacle. But, as usual, it was Mickey who stole the show, especially with his dramatic christening using an enormous bottle full of dreams.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $89 & up -- Atlanta Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $3099 -- India & Nepal 13-Night Vacation w/Air, Save $400Friendly Planet Travel
- $98 & up -- Seattle Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $1649 & up -- Aruba 7-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $579 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays