News Stories Tagged disney cruise lines
The Disney Fantasy recently sailed its maiden voyage. And Fodor's Editor Eric Wechter was onboard alongside his wife and 14-year-old son to explore the ship, as well as Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
With its inaugural cruise just weeks away, get a sneak peak inside Disney Fantasy, and the technological innovations that make Disney magic happen.
Most first time visitors to the Walt Disney World theme parks assume they'll have to stand in line for hours to meet Mickey. Here are seven great, unexpected, places to meet your favorite characters—in Orlando and beyond.
Family-friendly Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some expansive changes for its 2013 cruise calendar, including a return to the Mediterranean, as well as its first-ever departures out of Miami.
The hidden coves, calving glaciers, and remarkable wildlife of Alaska have secured its standing as the world’s third-largest cruise market (trailing only behind the Caribbean and Mediterranean), with 2012’s cruise calendar shaping up to be its biggest and best yet.
Disney Cruise Lines announced today that next year will bring new itineraries from three new ports of embarkation: New York City, Seattle, and Galveston, Texas.
Disney Cruise Lines christened its newest ship, the Dream, in Port Canaveral, Florida, on January 19 with a red-carpet, waterside spectacle. But, as usual, it was Mickey who stole the show, especially with his dramatic christening using an enormous bottle full of dreams.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $150-$168 -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort in Peak Season, 60% OffHotel Riu Palace Peninsula
- $1499 -- Hawaiian Islands 15-Night Cruise incl. $300 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $89* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the U.S., O/WAir Canada
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America