News Stories Tagged disney
No one does the holidays quite like Disney. Amid the towering Christmas trees and colorful decorations, there's lots of fun to be had, including specialty tours, a spectacular light show, and a big bash with music and sweets for an extra dose of good cheer.
If a theme park visit sounds like anything but a vacation, think again. The primary annoyance—waiting in those dreadful lines—can be magically erased with a little advance planning, and some cash.
A lot has changed at Walt Disney World—celebrating its 40th anniversary this month—but what hasn’t is its popularity. While it can be challenging, these tips will help you zip-a-dee-do-dah your way through the park.
If the idea of working on a school project while on a trip to Walt Disney World has your kids groaning, take heart. Disney is full of educational opportunities—some more obvious than others, but all of them packed with fun!
If you are planning to stay at one of the Disney hotels, ask about packages, which often include lodging discounts, Park Hopper passes, early admission to the parks, and preferred seating at some shows.
At Disney, your little princesses can eat, sleep, and dress up just as princesses should. They can also hobnob with Cinderella, Belle, and other Disney royals.
With more than 20 Disney owned and operated properties offering similar amenities, how do you decide which hotel is perfect for you and your family? Here, we've highlighted some of the top Disney World lodgings to make your trip planning a bit easier.
Something is always happening at Walt Disney World, and there’s plenty on tap for 2011–2012. So whether your preference is cruise ships, princesses, wild animals, or a galaxy far, far away, Disney has something new of interest to you.
Disney Cruise Lines announced today that next year will bring new itineraries from three new ports of embarkation: New York City, Seattle, and Galveston, Texas.
Disney Cruise Lines christened its newest ship, the Dream, in Port Canaveral, Florida, on January 19 with a red-carpet, waterside spectacle. But, as usual, it was Mickey who stole the show, especially with his dramatic christening using an enormous bottle full of dreams.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays