News Stories Tagged dining
One of our top buzzy destinations for 2012, Oahu never lacks for a consistent crop of new and interesting eateries to try, serving everything from inventive tapas, to Asian comfort food, to sweets that burst with tropical flavor.
If there's a line for table service at Café du Monde in New Orleans, head around back to the takeout window and get your coffee and beignets to go. Enjoy them overlooking the river right next door, or in Jackson Square.
Les Ombres restaurant on Musée du Quai Branly's fifth floor (separate entrance) boasts one of the best views of the Tour Eiffel—and prices to match. The budget-conscious can enjoy the garden at Le Café Branly on the ground floor.
Call ahead for the omakase (chef's choice) menu and join the in-the-know Japanese businesspeople at the eight-seat bar at the back.
Free one-hour beginner salsa lessons are offered nightly at 9.
SFO has branches of some top local eateries. The food's far better than standard airport fare; you'll find Italian pastries from Emporio Rulli, burgers from Burger Joint or Lori's Diner, sushi from Ebisu, and much more.
You can visit the restaurant without paying the museum's admission fee. Try beer from one of Munich's oldest breweries, the Augustiner Bräu.
Many attest that the egg cream was hatched at Gem Spa, a 24-hour newsstand at the corner of St. Marks and 2nd Avenue.
There are so many ways to eat well in Paris but still save money: eat picnics, spend your restaurant euros at lunch instead of dinner, have your latté at the counter instead of at a table.
Reserve a lunch table at the aquarium's Portola Café, perched on ocean's edge. Otters and other sea creatures often frolic just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- How to Plan a Geocaching Vacation
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 5 Must-Have Experiences on Grand Cayman Island
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 40%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $69* -- Portland to San Jose this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $999 & up -- Los Cabos: Weeklong All-Incl. Getaway w/AirApple Vacations
- $95-$99 -- Dallas Hotel near Galleria over Weekends, 50% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $118* -- MT: Billings to Portland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations