News Stories Tagged design
Scroll through the Wanderlust Designer Pinterest for creative inspiration and artsy travel ideas. Everything from globetrotting quotes to packing tips to DIY souvenirs.
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's hip Wan Chai neighborhood.
Covet all the chic home decor and design inspiration you see while traveling? Be inspired even more, and start creating your international wishlist, via StyleVisa's Pinterest boards.
Erin Swift wears many hats: set designer, interior decorator, prop stylist, magazine market editor...and author. For her latest project (her first book), she traveled across the US and France all in the name of gorgeous design. We tried to talk her into taking us with her.
A new hotel in Kiev heats up the design scene in Ukraine. The boutique hotel, a collaboration between designers and artists and one heavyweight boxer, recently opened in the heart of the city.
The "pop-up" phenomenon is finally catching on in the hotel sphere. A new breed of pop-up hotels offers unique, limited-duration lodging experiences to travelers, with runs typically lasting only a few months at a time. Pop into these four uniquely beautiful pop-up properties, set in inspiring locales worthy of dedicated trips, before they disappear.
This June, visitors to Nantucket Island can bunk down at the new Chapman House hotel, set to open its doors in the heart of Old Nantucket Town. The property will exude a modern beach-house feel with retro-chic touches.
The Barnes Foundation, home to Albert Barnes' extensive collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and early Modern art, is set to debut its new Philadelphia campus. To commemorate the opening, visitors can enjoy free admission for ten days, from opening day May 19th to the 28th, and a Memorial Day weekend-long schedule of celebratory festivities.
Panama, one of our 21 Places to Go in 2012, is busy building a number of new hotel additions. The latest is a fresh boutique in Panama City’s revitalized Casco Viejo (Old City). The UNESCO neighborhood is becoming a hot spot for art galleries, buzzy restaurants, tucked-away bars, and boho-chic hotels such as the new Tántalo Hotel.
Chicago’s blustery winter weather is on the way out, which makes this killer offer even better. In honor of the city’s 175th birthday, all four of Kimpton’s Chicago hotels are offering discount rates for just $175/night for 175 days—plus party bags.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1203 & up -- 7-Nt. Costa Rica Adventure w/Air & TransfersGreat Value Vacations
- $172 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $179 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $129-$149 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Resort, Save $110Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort
- $269 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line