News Stories Tagged croatia
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobster and oysters abound. That means that the best way to discover the country is through your stomach.
Croatia, with stunning scenery and a still-off-the-beaten-track vibe, is set to join the EU this summer, which will ease the way for more visitors. Go early to discover all the country has to offer.
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves? Doing just that on the cheap, of course. These are our picks for chic beach getaways that are gentle on the wallet.
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps. Whether its far-flung (Croatia, South Africa) or close-by (Colorado, Miami), here are our top destinations this season.
Make the most of swimsuit season with our top picks to flatter any body type. From itsy, bitsy triangle tops to retro styles, these suits are sure to turn heads.
Fishing in Fazana, a coastal Croatian town, dates back to the Middle Ages. Now the town hosts a slew of fantastic fishing festivals throughout the summer. Hey, if its good enough for Bourdain...
Fodor's caught up with George R.R. Martin, the grand storyteller behind HBO's award-winning series Game of Thrones, which returns for its hotly anticipated second season on April 1, at 9 pm. Here, he gives us a sneak peek at the film locations that represent his richly imagined Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and more.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways