News Stories Tagged costa rica
This is a must if you plan to rent any kind of vehicle between December 15 and January 3, or during Holy Week around Easter, in April.
San José is not representative of what Costa Rica has to offer. Don't plan to stay long; use the city just as a transportation hub and for any last-minute necessities—although there are a few good international restaurants, if you do have a night to kill.
To get the most out of your trip, hire someone who can turn what looks like a mass of green foliage to the untrained eye into a widely diversified trove of plants and creatures great and small—one of the highlights of a trip here. For the full effect, bring or borrow binoculars.
A luggage weight limit of 11.3 kilograms or 25 pounds is almost always enforced on the tiny domestic planes.
Thinking of venturing to Costa Rica with your family this year? Here's a guide to the best kinds of trips for babies, teens, and everything in between.
To get the most out of your trip, hire someone who can turn what looks like a mass of green foliage to the untrained eye into a widely diversified trove of plants and creatures great and small—one of the highlights of a trip to Costa Rica. For the full effect, bring or borrow binoculars.
Canopy tours are action-packed rides, where, fastened to a zip line high off the ground, you fly from tree to tree. Blue sky above, ribbons of river below, and in between: a forest of tree tops and a healthy shot of adrenaline.
From a "Hobbit Hotel" to a secluded resort of geodesic-dome "jungalows", here are some of the most fun and unusual places to stay all over Costa Rica.
A recent study finds that one in six Americans call themselves birdwatchers. And we wonder: do these people know of the birder's paradise that is Costa Rica? Though it's a mere 0.03% of the planet's surface, you'll find some 875 bird species there. That's more than the United States and Canada combined! Read on for Costa Rica birding tips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $98-$126 -- St. Louis Hotel at Arch w/Breakfast, Save 40%Hampton Inn St. Louis-Downtown (At the Gateway Arch)
- $118 & up -- Downtown D.C. Holiday Hotel Sale, up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $67-$104 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, Save 25%SLS Las Vegas
- $2299 -- Windstar: Luxury 7-Nt. Italy, France & Spain CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line