News Stories Tagged costa rica
Costa Rica's beautiful Corcovado National Park is a stunning place for a hiking holiday. But with unpredictable weather and various access points, you'll want these indispensable tips with you.
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
Watch for sharp drop-offs on Costa Rica's beaches.
In Costa Rica, be cautious and buy organic foods whenever possible; chemicals, many of which have been banned elsewhere, are sprayed freely here without regulation.
Costa Rica is known for its variety of wildlife, but you might need to seek out some of the shyer species.
Navigate Costa Rica's streets easily with this tip.In towns and cities in Costa Rica, each block is assumed to be 100 meters, although some blocks may be much longer and some may be shorter. So if someone tells you to head down the road 500 meters, they mean five blocks.
Fodor's 80 Degrees by the Sea is our new beach vacation finder that helps you discover your perfect seaside escapes by taking a photo quiz. Plus, it generates customized recommendations for hotels, restaurants, and sights. Start planning your getaway!
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
In Costa Rica's Northern Plains, book horseback trips in the morning during rainy season (July–December).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand