News Stories Tagged costa rica
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism. Meanwhile, veterinarians and zoo workers claim the plan is harmful.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Costa Rica's main draws are firmly rooted in its landscapes—rainforests, beaches, mountains, and volcanoes call to thrill-seekers and nature-lovers. But foodies shouldn't overlook the country's incredible (and delicious) natural bounty.
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis. Add on great food and low prices, and you've turned us into believers. Are you ready to go? Here's what to pack.
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world. They'll find more than just a great pool on these six itineraries guaranteed to entertain kids of all ages.
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon. Bypass the stress of trip planning thanks to our expert tips, and find the right trip for your post-wedding cool-down.
Fearless Fodor's leader and Executive Editorial Director Arabella Bowen shared her knowledge on CBS This Morning with the help of our 80 Degrees trip-matching tool.
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions. We don't know about you, but we like making promises we can keep by criss-crossing the globe! Here are our resolutions...in vacation form.
Costa Rica's beautiful Corcovado National Park is a stunning place for a hiking holiday. But with unpredictable weather and various access points, you'll want these indispensable tips with you.
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways