News Stories Tagged costa cruises
Take your time on your next vacation and select a Costa "slow cruise" that offers immersion shore excursions at each port of call plus overnight stays.
Ports in the Middle East have been gaining ground with cruise ships over the last 15 years, from Dubai and Abu Dhabi to smaller, more charming ports like the newly popular Khor Fakkan.
From Noma's sold out pop-up stint in London to Air Canada's costly mishap, here are the headlines we're reading right now.
The cruise industry has once again found itself in hot water. In a nightmare for the passengers onboard and cruise PR agencies alike, another of Costa Cruises' ships is making headlines today, following an engine room fire that has left its Costa Allegra vessel without power. While initial reports have indicated that there are no injuries or fatalities amongst the more than 1,000 passengers and crew aboard, the immobilized ship is currently sailing adrift in the dark night in the Indian Ocean, some 200 miles southwest of the Seychelles.
In the wake of the Costa Concordia shipwreck, cruise bookings are down. The silver lining is that cruise lines are now offering record deals for travelers. But book quickly: these deals expire soon!
Costa Cruises will offer compensation packages to uninjured guests of the ill-fated Costa Concordia voyage, which capsized off the coast of Italy two weeks ago today.
While cruisers continue to ponder their return to the high seas following the Costa Concordia tragedy, it's clear that the disaster will impact the near future of cruising in two ways: how the standards for cruise ship safety will be set, and whether passenger bookings and cruise line profitability will plummet.
While there are concerns about safety—and how it can be improved moving forward—the news hasn't seemed to impact Fodorites' plans for cruise vacations.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1774* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $89-$95 -- FL: Destin Hotel w/Breakfast & Parking, Reg. $166BookIt.com
- $1899 & up -- Madrid & Rioja 6-Nt. Wine Tour Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1332 & up -- Iceland Vacation incl. Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $1124* & up -- Fall Fares to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $129-$149 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Resort, Save $110Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort