News Stories Tagged community
From the Fodorites on our forums to our editorial offices, the Fodor's community has many great travel gift ideas for the holiday season. In the interest of simplicity and carry-on luggage (bonus: avoiding baggage fees), we've limited this list to smaller items under $20. Some are practical and perfect for packing; others are sure to inspire your next trip.
Hordes of art lovers will descend on Miami this weekend for the annual Art Basel event. The art show, Miami's burgeoning museum scene, and eye-catching Art Deco architecture are sure to satisfy those hungry for culture. For hunger of a different kind, head to Miami's top restaurants for everything from fresh local seafood to Cuban and Caribbean dishes. Whether you are jetting off for the art fair or planning your warm-weather winter getaway, these Fodor's Choice restaurants are the best taste of Miami.
Did you know that passengers have the right to opt out of the airport body scanners that most major U.S. airports are now using? Your alternative is an "enhanced pat down." Everyone wants to be safe, but travelers concerns about whole body imaging include privacy, civil rights, and health issues. There's even a National Opt Out Day planned.
If you've been to Europe, you undoubtedly have a favorite square, whether it's a piazza, campo, place, platz, or plaza. Members in our forums recently shared their opinions, and Italy lead the list.
If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to check out some unique stores. While Alcatraz t-shirts, mini cable cars, and Ghirardelli chocolate are still shopping classics—here's some inspiration for more original mementos from the Bay Area.
Are you looking for the perfect view on your next visit to the City of Light? You can soak in the sights—from the iconic Eiffel Tower to the Rive Gauche—without leaving your room at some of our favorite hotels.
Dreaming of a trip to Cuba? Explore the largest of the Antilles islands in our new destination guide—from colorful and bustling Havana to the white-sand beaches of Varadero. Browse our overview page for a breakdown of top regions and dive in to discover the best sights, criolla restaurants, hotels, and more.
Every state boasts at least one distinctive road that tells a story about that place and its people. Most can be driven from start to finish in a day or two. Other famous historic roads actually still cross broad swatches of the country and can take weeks to travel. Here are a few of our favorites for great multi-state road trips.
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
How did you experience Hilton Head? Did you collect seashells? Take a few swings on your favorite golf course? Whatever your Hilton Head, share your top photos and the stories behind them of how you experienced a recent trip for a chance to see your photo in a slideshow on Fodors.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' in Fall, up to 65% OffAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/AirSceptre Tours
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820Apple Vacations
- $1759 -- 7-Night Vietnam Journey w/Air & Tours, Save $300Friendly Planet Travel
- $119 & up -- Weekends at Downtown St. Louis Hotel, Save $180Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% OffFeatured Destination: Baltimore