News Stories Tagged community
In recent years, Kenya has quietly asserted itself to become an unbeatable destination for modern romantic and conservation-minded travel. Here are some tips for making the most of your Kenyan adventure, in the bush and on the beach.
Some social travelers in our community have shared their 2011 travel plans via Facebook and Twitter. Check out our slideshow of 21 Places We're Going in 2011 and let us know your top destinations for this year.
2010 has come and gone and we've been crunching the numbers to bring you the Fodors.com 2010 Top Travel Contributors. Find out who won after the jump.
Happy New Year! The Fodor's community has shared some great ideas that everyone can use to improve their next travel experience, from committing to one carry-on bag to budgeting basics to striking out solo.
Has your 2010 trip been extended through 2011? Have you ever reserved a night on a couch in Terminal Two? The combination of peak travel crowds and foul weather have led to many travelers being stranded this holiday season. From the Fodor's community, here are some ways to help cope.
Decorated evergreens? Twinkling lights? It must be the end of December. From special symbols to sparkling shopping areas, the Fodorites and Fodor's editors share their favorite festive places in cities around the world. Some of our community members have photographed beautiful holiday images, too.
So, you're watching the clock and ready to escape for your end-of-year vacation. Frequent flyers don't need a reminder of the boring basics (prescription meds and a change of clothes in carry-on: check!) from their regular travel checklist. Here are four more timely tips for this peak travel season from the Fodor's community. Safe and happy travels!
Chic travelers often stump the best gift-givers. Who really needs a leather passport cover? Don't worry. Here's a cheat-sheet for those on your list that appreciate a touch of first-class, even when they're flying coach.
This holiday season, help out the travelers on your list with some useful electronic devices—and ways to manage them. After all, it’s a known law of travel that neatly packed wires knot themselves into chaos, un-touched, on even the shortest of journeys. Starting with modest ideas and leading up to extravagant inspiration, here are some fun tools to simplify tech transport and get the most out of travel adventures.
Whether you're looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, preparing for airport delays, or curling up by the fire to stay warm, we've picked our favorite new books for this holiday season. From stunning photos to tales of epic journeys, these reads are sure to get you in the traveling spirit.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $679 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Beachfront Cancun Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $419 & up -- Bahamas Escape w/Atlantis Access & Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $162-$167 -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $599 & up -- Bermuda Vacation w/3rd Nt. Free & Air, $350 OffCheapCaribbean.com