News Stories Tagged community
In recent years, Kenya has quietly asserted itself to become an unbeatable destination for modern romantic and conservation-minded travel. Here are some tips for making the most of your Kenyan adventure, in the bush and on the beach.
Some social travelers in our community have shared their 2011 travel plans via Facebook and Twitter. Check out our slideshow of 21 Places We're Going in 2011 and let us know your top destinations for this year.
2010 has come and gone and we've been crunching the numbers to bring you the Fodors.com 2010 Top Travel Contributors. Find out who won after the jump.
Happy New Year! The Fodor's community has shared some great ideas that everyone can use to improve their next travel experience, from committing to one carry-on bag to budgeting basics to striking out solo.
Has your 2010 trip been extended through 2011? Have you ever reserved a night on a couch in Terminal Two? The combination of peak travel crowds and foul weather have led to many travelers being stranded this holiday season. From the Fodor's community, here are some ways to help cope.
Decorated evergreens? Twinkling lights? It must be the end of December. From special symbols to sparkling shopping areas, the Fodorites and Fodor's editors share their favorite festive places in cities around the world. Some of our community members have photographed beautiful holiday images, too.
So, you're watching the clock and ready to escape for your end-of-year vacation. Frequent flyers don't need a reminder of the boring basics (prescription meds and a change of clothes in carry-on: check!) from their regular travel checklist. Here are four more timely tips for this peak travel season from the Fodor's community. Safe and happy travels!
Chic travelers often stump the best gift-givers. Who really needs a leather passport cover? Don't worry. Here's a cheat-sheet for those on your list that appreciate a touch of first-class, even when they're flying coach.
This holiday season, help out the travelers on your list with some useful electronic devices—and ways to manage them. After all, it’s a known law of travel that neatly packed wires knot themselves into chaos, un-touched, on even the shortest of journeys. Starting with modest ideas and leading up to extravagant inspiration, here are some fun tools to simplify tech transport and get the most out of travel adventures.
Whether you're looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, preparing for airport delays, or curling up by the fire to stay warm, we've picked our favorite new books for this holiday season. From stunning photos to tales of epic journeys, these reads are sure to get you in the traveling spirit.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $118 & up -- Downtown D.C. Holiday Hotel Sale, up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $289 & up -- Ends 1/31: Cruise Sale w/Up to $300 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier