News Stories Tagged community
Most travelers try to make the most of their limited time overseas, yet fail to take into account the leap in time zones they make in a matter of hours. It can take your body's internal clock several days to catch up to that leap, and in the meantime you’re likely to experience the disruption of your sleeping and waking cycle. Here are our top tips to fight jet lag.
We asked readers in the Fodor's Forums how they're feeling about returning to India in the wake of the fatal incident in New Dehli in December. Read on to learn what they had to say.
Privacy can be hard to come by in an airport. Read on to hear the chatter from the Fodor's Forums about TSA's new privacy standards for security scanners.
From the Forums and destination guides, to Facebook and Twitter, Fodorites have many ways of using Fodor’s travel intelligence to research and plan their perfect trips. We’re excited to introduce you to a new platform to enhance your travel experience even further – Broadcastr.
With the disaster in Japan and the temporary closure of several Hawaii hotels, it's a reminder than even the most well-planned trips can benefit from insurance. What kind of coverage do you honestly need—comprehensive, medical-only, or financial default? Do you even need trip insurance at all? Our Trip Insurance 101 explains.
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, released March 11 in a new film version. Here are the best places around Haworth to explore the dramatic landscapes and quiet corners of Brontë Country.
The most well-traveled ladies prep properly ahead of overnight flights to get off the plane looking put-together and ready to go. Fodorites know the tricks—from the best layers to wardrobe basics that work for comfort and practicality on board as well as at your destination. Check out these must-have women's clothing items from our forums.
Want to experience Gross National Happiness? Lisa Napoli, the author of Radio Shangri-La: What I learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth shares her insider tips to help plan your Bhutan trip.
If you're like most travelers, your largest single expense is probably lodging. Make sure you get your money's worth with these seven tips for dealing with hotel troubles.
It's peak Caribbean cruise season as everyone seeks to escape the winter weather. Here are 11 things to keep in mind before you board the ship, for both first-time cruisers and seasoned regulars.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $69 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $1599 -- Alaska 11-Night Cruise & Hotel Package, Save $860CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $142-$152 -- Santiago Chile Hotel incl. Breakfast & Wi-FiHyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura