News Stories Tagged colorado
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall is a fantastic time to visit. From hiking to mountain-side fine dining, here's our insider's guide.
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps. Whether its far-flung (Croatia, South Africa) or close-by (Colorado, Miami), here are our top destinations this season.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
Drinking beer in Colorado is almost a religious experience; it continually ranks in the top 5 states for US beer production (and, we assume, consumption). Stop into these top microbreweries to see why.
As the last weeks of summer arrive, we find ourselves clinging to warm weather activities, like catching a movie under the stars. Here are the best outdoor movie series continuing through September. Here's to denial!
Glamping—glamorous camping—lets you enjoy the great outdoors without giving up little daily luxuries. Here are our six favorite glamping spots across the country.
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards holders to cash in their points and miles for trips. Whether you've racked up rewards credits via airline, hotel, or credit card programs, lots of juicy trips are currently up for grabs.
Cycling enthusiasts can look to bike-maker Cannondale's newly launched bike tours for their next bike-themed vacation. The tours follow the routes of legendary pro tours in America and Europe, but combine physical exertion with plenty of sightseeing and pampered recovery time factored in.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Easter egg hunts are a time-honored tradition. With humble beginnings in quaint backyards where basket-toting children searched eagerly for hidden candy-filled eggs, the hunts nowadays have grown into full-blown, world-class quests, featuring mega prizes and hundreds of thousands of eggs. From Fabergé’s citywide scavenge in London to a helicopter egg drop in the Midwest, these are not the neighborhood egg hunts of yesteryear. Plus, they provide egg-ceptional value (sorry, we couldn't resist): Each is free to attend.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $835 & up -- Ireland 7-Nt. 4-City Package w/Air, Hotel & CarEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $849 & up -- Balcony on Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1940 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $399 -- 7 Night Cruise to St. Maarten from MiamiMSC Cruises
- $1899 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 8-Nt., 4-City Trip w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store